Tuesday 28 October 2014

Chocolate Cookies Recipe


Out of all the cookie recipes I've tried this one is definitely my favourite. The recipe is inspired by the gorgeous Vivianna does makeup and I can safely say for me, these really are the BEST cookies I've ever tasted. 


Ingredients 

1) 75g Cocoa Powder 
2) 300g Caster Sugar 
3) 275g Self Raising flour 
4) 200g Butter
5) 1 Large Egg
6) Mixture of dark, milk and white chocolate 


Method

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar until its a smooth consistency. 

Next, crack your egg into the bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients (self raising flour and cocoa powder). 

If your mixture is too dry add a splash of milk, or if too sticky add more flour. After you're happy with the consistency (sticky enough to stay together but not too sticky so it sticks to everything! haha) break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the mixture. 

Once you've mixed the chocolate in, use your hands to separate the mixture into small blobs. (I usually make about 16). 
Pop them into the oven for about 11 minutes (I'd keep checking them around this time and leave in until you're happy with them).  

However remember, when you first take the cookies out the oven they won't look cooked. After leaving them to cool for around 30 minutes they will be perfect and ready to eat!

I hope this post has tempted you to make these cookies! If it has I would love to see how yours turn out, either tweet me a picture or tag me on instagram (links on the right) or in the comments below link me your favourite recipes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment